MILFORD BOROUGH COUNCIL WORKSHOP MEETING
ON DECEMBER 18, 2018 AT 11:00 AM THE MILFORD BOROUGH COUNCIL HELD A PUBLIC WORKSHOP MEETING IN THE BOROUGH HALL. PRESIDENT FRANK TARQUINIO, COUNCIL MEMBERS ADRIANE WENDELL, LUKE TURANO, KATRINA FOSTER, ANNETTE HAAR, MEAGEN KAMEEN (ARRIVED 11:10), MAYOR SEAN STRUB, TREASURER GREG MYER AND SECRETARY PAMELA AHLSTRAND WERE PRESENT.
SOLICITOR JIM SCANLON WAS NOT PRESENT. THIS WORKSHOP WAS ADVERTISED AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
PRESIDENT TARQUINIO OPENED THE MEETING AT 11:00 AM WITH A ROLL CALL AND THE
BY MOTION OF WENDELL/CIERVO, MEETING WAS ADJOURNED AT 12:48 PM
ADOPT AGENDA: agenda adopted as presented.
LOT COMBINATION: 316 West Catharine – Recommended by Planning Commission. Homeowner Allan Johnson presented application to Planning Commission at 12/10 meeting; combining two adjacent lots (which were previously one lot) for purpose of putting on addition, deck. BY MOTION OF WENDELL/CIERVO, LOT COMBINATION APPROVED BY COUNCIL, AS PER RECOMMENDATION OF PLANNING COMMISSION. Applicant to file signed maps.
UPDATE ON MOVE: Turano gave an update on the move to the Sheriff’s building: Has been cleaned, being painted, doors replaced/repaired. IT issues-Ahlstrand to email Luke re: Administrative Access. Blue Ridge needs to be contacted; parking – will move employee parking signs to High St. (need Ordinance to enforce). Discussion about signage- Mayor has spoken to Ken Urgovitch, sign painter. Committee to review sign- Strub, Haar, Wendell, Foster, and Bill Kiger.
GENERAL CODE UPDATE: Wendell gave update: General Code has completed draft; sent comments back to them on Friday 12/14; 30-45 days to get final code which will be voted on and accepted. Note- changed 3 alleys to one-way, per discussion with MEC and PennDot.
RENTAL OF BORO HALL – UPSTAIRS: Confirmed with Greg Myer that it can be rented; Turano noted income can be used to make improvements to current Borough Office. Need to check with Shawn Bolles, Zoning Officer, about renting requirements.
OTHER PROJECTS – WHICH DOES COUNCIL WISH TO PURSUE IN THE UPCOMING YEAR?
- Borough wide recycling: Mayor Strub gave background- met with consultant Cynthia Oatis; committee of Lou Troiano, Joe Dooley. She recommended State study, grant funding; would charge $125/hr. Strub suggested limiting hours (e.g., up to 20 hrs), with option of backing out. Discussion about obtaining Boro garbage truck for pickup. Decided to wait until resident feedback regarding recycling before moving forward.
- PennDot Grant-Corridor Study: This is going forward; Brian Snyder from County Planning preparing Grant app. Meeting scheduled for Jan 7th, 10:30 am. Cost to Borough- $1000.
- Communication Committee: Foster noted that Granger Greenbaum interested in helping.
- Central Sewer: Tarquinio advised Milford TWP also not willing to pay out of pocket for 537 Study, nor is Boro.
- River Access: Strub said MEC is hiring engineering company (at their expense plus grant $). Will do soil tests, etc. Look at feasibility for stairs to river. Tarquinio said feasibility has to be based on what Boro wants to do. Study will be contracted and completed by MEC ($20K, then grant). Will look at results/options then.
- Brookhill Road/E Catharine St-2 projects: Brookhill Road lower portion and storm runoff from 3rd to first curve; E Catharine – rebuild wall. Discussion about whether we own all or part of E Catharine; Turano said no additional cost from insurance perspective; Estimate from MH&E was $965K to rebuild wall; Sand & Gravel did study regarding runoff; Haar to get survey from Karen Guest, if available. Priority is stormwater. (Nick May had mapped some of it out). Question about whether Liquid fuels can be used for repair of wall. Ahlstrand will check with Scott Masiak, PennDot. These projects are a priority. Will look at getting info from MH&E to our engineers (Kiley), look at grants, etc.
AT 12:59, BY MOTION OF FOSTER/WENDELL, ADJOURNED TO EXECUTIVE SESSION.
BACK ON RECORD- BY MOTION OF WENDELL/TURANO, COUNCIL AGREED TO SETTLE WITH MAKOS (511 BROAD) FOR $5,000.00, AND DISMISSAL OF THEIR COUNTERCLAIM (Makos’). CIERVO OPPOSED.